It's starting to really feel like fall. The leaves are turning and the air is getting crisper, it's such a great time to get out and do some fall family fun activities. It's always fun at the beginning of October to start a fall family fun checklist for the upcoming season. We have a chalkboard in the kitchen where we sit as a family and write all the fun things we want to do together this month. Here are some of our ideas...
10 Ideas for Fall Family Fun
- Pick Apples - don't know which to choose? Our guide can help.
- Make an apple dish together, like our Apple Crisp or Apple and Sweet Onion Soup with Cheese.
- Go pumpkin picking.
- Take a Hayride - find a local farm and take a hayride. Maybe out to the apple trees or pumpkin patch.
- Carve Jack O'Lanterns.
- Sit around a fire pit and make s'mores.
- Make Mulled Apple Cider.
- Go leaf collecting and make a craft with the best leaves - like a leaf wreath.
- Take a paper plate and cut out the middle so you have a round outer edge.
- Use a glue stick and glue the leaves on to the outer edge.
- Attach a ribbon and hang it up on a cabinet knob.
- Get lost in a corn maze at a local farm.
- Go on a hike.
What's on your family's bucket list this October? Nothing is better than coming home on a crisp fall day to a warm and comforting bowl of soup. Download our Fall Soup Guide for some easy, nutritious and delicious recipes.