This month we've been chatting about the benefits of setting attainable lifestyle goals instead of hard to achieve resolutions that are done by the end of January. Another goal we discussed was to better manage diabetes through your diet. Did you know that this is yet another goal that one little box of Mochi Barley can help you achieve? Yup, all the way back in 2008, high-fiber barley (Where do I get it?) was linked to diabetes prevention.
We all know a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to prevent/treat many diseases especially type 2 diabetes. But a high-fiber diet and Mochi barley in particular can hep lower your diabetes risk even further.
- A high-fiber diet has been shown to regulate your blood sugar levels and lower insulin levels.
- Mochi Pearl Barley boosts fiber in your diet and contains healthy beta glucan which has been linked to promoting healthy blood sugar and improved weight management.
- Both soluble and insoluble fibers (what's the big difference?) play a role. Mochi Barley has more soluble fiber than most other grains. With 8.9 grams of soluble fiber and 4.1 grams of insoluble fiber per 100 gram serving, Mochi Barley's dietary fiber is flipped with a ratio of 2:1 soluble to insoluble fiber.
- Soluble fiber forms a gel in your stomach when broken down, slowing digestion and fast your stomach empties, causing sugars to be released and absorbed at a slower pace so your blood sugar doesn't spike.
- Insoluble fiber helps by keeping you feeling fuller longer and adding bulk to your stool, helping you stay regular and assisting with weight management.
If one of your goals is to better manage your diabetes through diet, it couldn't be easier to get started by integrating Mochi Barley into your daily diet. It's versatile, quick cooking (Mochi Barley cooks in 10 minutes.), loaded with nutritional benefits and delicious. Check out our recipes for all the great ways you can start incorporating it into your diet. Best of all, you can take advantage of our New Year sale -