6 Kitchen Hacks to Make Your Life Better
Life gets hectic and is difficult to juggle. We could all use some great food life hacks, tips and tricks to help us along the way. This is especially true in the kitchen with food hacks. Our lives demand hacks. Hacks to make them more efficient and easier. Here are 6 useful ones to keep on hand.
- Use a water bottle to seperate egg yolks and whites. Empty out a water bottle, crack eggs gently into a bowl and use the water bottle to carefully suction out each yolk.
- Peeling ginger can be a challenge. Try using a teaspoon to scrape off the skin.
- We all love white rice. It is a universal side dish. Now you can make it even healthier by adding quick-cooking pearl barley ().
- Keep a pot from boiling over by laying a wooden spoon across the top.
- To quickly soften butter use a cheese grater to grate cold butter. The added surface area will soften it fast.
- To quickly peel garlic. Crush the garlic bulb and remove the stem. Place the cloves into a jar or plastic container and replace the lid. Shake the jar/container rigorously for 30 seconds and dump out your peeled garlic cloves.
NOTE: If you're not using quick-cooking pearled barley like Mochi Barley (), but rather, the usual stuff you buy at the store, I recommend soaking your grains a day before. That makes cooking with traditional pearled barley SO much easier when considering that NOBODY has time to wait 60 minutes anymore. Here's a great Youtube video of how to do it.