Risotto is the perfect comfort food for cold winter weather, this slow cooker barley risotto is so simple to make. No longer do you need to stir for hours this recipe lets your slow cooker do the work for you. Are you an insta pot fan? We have a quick comparison for you here.
• 1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
• 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 3 tablespoons, minced garlic
• 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small bite-size pieces
• 1/2 small onion, minced
• 1 tablespoon thyme
• 1-1/4 cups
• 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
• 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
• 1-1/4 cups water
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add carrots, garlic, cauliflower, and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 Add the thyme and barley.
3 Transfer veggie mix to a slow cooker bowl. Stir in garbanzo beans, broth, water, salt, and pepper. Cook on high 2 for 2-1/2 hours or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
4 Add lemon juice. Garnish with cheese.
Love using your slow cooker? Here are more slow cooker recipes for you...